MAXIMUS Fitness Accelerator device is a first-in-class, scientifically designed cardiorespiratory fitness accelerator training device for athletes to use while exercising, designed to maximize athletic performance on game day when not using the device.
MAXIMUS Fitness Accelerator device is designed to fit into the mouth via a mouthpiece and used during exercise, breathing solely through the machine and your mouth while exercising. You should avoid breathing through your nose while using the device to maximize the cardiorespiratory load and maximize exercise benefits over time. If you need to breathe through your nose, you should reduce the resistance level or remove the device.
When not using the device, breathing through your nose is the most efficient way to breathe, both when exercising and not exercising.
Because you use the device while exercising, while increasing airflow resistance into and out of your lungs, the training load on your cardiorespiratory system is much greater than exercising without using the device. Because the training load is significantly increased, results from your training efforts are also considerably increased, thus optimizing training results when not using the device for enhanced game-day cardiorespiratory performance.
The more you use the device, the more significant your gains. However, as with any training device, you should progress gradually over weeks in order to acclimate and not overtrain. If the training gets too intense, take a break.
When you use the MAXIMUS Performance Optimizer Device, you should focus on deep diaphragmatic breathing. Profoundly and fully inhaling, exhaling through the device into and out of the lungs. If you find you are shallow breathing you should reduce airflow restriction level or stop exercising and remove MAXIMUS Performance Optimizer Device.
Stepwise device usage recommendations:
Regardless of your level of fitness, you should follow a five-step process to begin use and progress with the device:
1. Start by using only the mouthpiece, with the valve body removed, to acclimate to resistance breathing through the mouthpiece to gain comfort with resistance breathing through your mouth and mouthpiece only.
Do not breathe through the nose when using the device; only breathe through the mouthpiece and the device.
Use while walking, breathing very profoundly, fully inhaling and exhaling. Gradually use mouthpiece only (valve body removed) with mild to moderate exercises, jogging, etc., while breathing deeply, fully inhaling and exhaling only through the mouthpiece.
Once the user has a level of comfort and confidence you can proceed to step 2 below.
2. Insert valve body into mouthpiece, ensuring a tight fit, and set to level #1. Begin using the device while walking, jogging short distances, and doing light exercise. Gradually increase exercise intensity over time practicing diaphragmatic deep breathing, fully inhaling and exhaling.
3. Once you can use the device at level #1 for your exercise routine, practice, etc., employing diaphragmatic breathing, fully inhaling and exhaling with a group of comfort and confidence, you can proceed to rank #2.
4. Repeat step 3 before progressing from level #2 to level #3
5. Repeat step 3 before progressing from level #3 to level #4
6. Repeat step 3 before progressing from level #4 to level #5
Precaution: As with any exercise program, you should stop exercising and remove the device if you feel lightheaded or begin shallow breathing or hyperventilate. Always focus on deep diaphragmatic breathing when using device and deep diaphragmatic breathing through nose when not using device.
Progressing from mouthpiece usage to level # 1 can take a week or two, depending on frequency and duration of device use. Once you can breathe through the device and mouth only, without nose breathing, you can move to the next level. If you find you are breathing through your nose, reduce level until only breathing through device, then advance to next level.
Always consider the Intensity of exercise, duration of the training, and airflow resistance levels when acclimating to the device.
The more you use the device, the more significant the benefit, assuming you are not overtraining.
Number of weeks lung trainer used (8 weeks min for best results)